Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day Tea


Friday the boys invited me to a Mother's Day Tea at their school. I was so excited to be able to go. The boys were sure to point out their hand prints on the banner hanging across the room that said, "We love our Mommys!" I sat down with the boys at their circle time spot. They sang "You are my Sunshine" except the words were changed to "...you'll never know Mom how much I love you..." It was so sweet. There were even motions... of course my boys didn't do them! I knew the song was coming because Matthew has been singing it around the house for days. It was so precious the first time I overheard him singing!
Beautiful Weekend at Granny and Grandad's
We had a great weekend enjoying the beautiful weather with Granny, Grandad, Amy, Caleb, and Anna. We took the boy's scooters and roller skates, so we spent most of the time outdoors. We went on several walks too. The boy's got so hot, they even took off their shirts. Of course Amy had a hard time convincing Anna that little girls can't take their shirts off.

Look at those Muscles!

Sunday Afternoon at Great-Granny's


After lunch Jason, Uncle Jesse, and I took the kids on a walk around the farm. After going through the barn, the kids were all equipped with a walking stick. Although they love the farm, it doesn't take them long to wear down. Caleb educated us on the benefit of using cow poo as fertilizer, Anna wore the cow poo after falling in it... twice. Matthew screamed, "Water" every time he saw some, and Austin made sure he didn't get his shoes dirty. The boys came back wanting to go fishing in Jesse's pond. They are super excited. I told them we needed to get fishing poles first. Matthew said he was going to buy a Superman Fishing Pole.

I had a fantastic Mother's day weekend. Jason and I fell in bed last night! It was a hard Monday morning! But, aren't they all?
By the way, I got a great new digital camera for Mother's Day! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment