Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Trip to the Dentist



Today I took all three kids to the dentist for Austin's cleaning and Matthew's evaluation. Dr. Steckler is great! His office is very nice and the entire staff was wonderful! Everyone was super nice and the office was incredible. The waiting area was extremely clean and so fun for the kids. After being called back, they took a picture of the kids with Dr. Steckler, printed it out, and gave it to them in a card. They also got a tattoo, stickers, toothbrush, goodie bag, and a treasure. What's not to like? I was afraid that Austin wouldn't cooperate, and that Maggie would crawl all over the place. Thankfully, I was wrong. Maggie sat in the same spot eating a banana watching intently. Austin and Matthew laid in the chair perfectly, and let the doctor look and clean. Austin had a little set back between the top and bottom cleaning. He was not happy having the bottom cleaned. He wanted to be finished after the top, but he cooperated and let them finish. He quickly forgot about his discomfort when he visited the treasure chest! The visit ended with them playing videogames.... not that they had a clue how to play!


I am going to get very familiar with Dr. Steckler's office over the next few months. Matthew had 8 of 10 upper teeth with cavities. Please pray for his comfort and our schedule.





2 comments:

  1. Priceless photos! Austin sure has been proud to show his "pearly whites".....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    Katie goes to Dr Wheeler in Nicholasville and we've had experience with Gas and shots and half way through it she wanted nothing to do with getting her teeth fixed-the gas mask is to big for little faces. I brush her teeth and she still needed up with 8 cavities-my kids and their teeth!!! But the next time we did liquid sedation and she was able to do 5 fillings at one time. In fact I'm getting ready to go again at 8:45 today (sedation) because one of the fillings fell out. I highly recommend sedation (if they do it) because it eliminates fear and my kids have a long road ahead of them in terms of dentist. I already have Karissa who is terrified of the dentist so I want Katie to be comfortable. Good luck and ask me anything about teeth- I'm becoming an expert!

    ReplyDelete