Thursday, April 1, 2010

Still Here

The day is winding down quickly and so is the week. I have been a little more stressed today. I think it is a combination of things but primarily it comes down to thinking about work too much. It's not that I usually have a problem with this but the speed with which I am stepping into a new role and the amount of decisions/projects to complete in a short time frame is daunting. Still no real reason to be stressed. Just missing Becky even though I doubt she could tell that from our short conversation tonight. There were a few things going on here at the same time and I was distracted and a little curt.

The Kids had a great time today. I think my father may have more energy than me. He took the kids out for breakfast and let them play at McD's all morning then took them to the park then took them back out for lunch. It was a great relief to me knowing that he was watching them. Tomorrow back to school. Matthew never ran a fever here and has been full speed all day long. Whatever it was went away.

Speaking of my father, One of his best friends Joe lost his wife yesterday to illness. In fact Beverly if you are reading this you may want to tell Glen. I know he is good friends with Joe Swafford.

Becky returns late tomorrow night. In fact it may be after midnight. I was hoping for my sister Aprile to be able to come over while I picked up Becky but it didn't work out with the funeral and visitation beginning early on Saturday in London. So I am not sure what to do with the kids. I didn't really want to take them to the airport with me but I may not have a choice. I know what Becky wants is all three kids waiting for her but I think it would be better if they slept. Being as the airport is only about 10 minutes away.

I have really enjoyed the time with the kids this week, especially with Maggie. She and I don't get as much time to bond with mom around. So it has been really neat to have her all to myself for a whole week. I think she will be a baby to us for a long long time. The boys took another shower tonight. It couldn't be easier. They have gotten so big and can take care of themselves in many ways. Debbie, Clyde, Amy and Becky travel safely we miss you and need you back. Becky we have plans Saturday at noon at Aunt Chris'.

4 comments:

  1. Jason,
    Trying to call you... hoping I have the right number. Danny or I will come down tonight and sit at the house while you go get Becky. No problem. Just let me know what time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, saw Maggie and the boys at Tots today. All three kids looked great. They were VERY excited that Mommy is coming home tonight!!! Told me it would be very late, but Mommy would wake them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Jason for the wonderful blog (even your FIL commented how good a writer you are...you know he doesn't make a lot of compliments:) Also Sara, thank you so much for the offer above:) You're the best. See you all soon. Love to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, I didn't realize your Dad and Joe are best friends. We heard about his wife's death this afternoon; so sorry for his loss! I'm not sure if Glen knows yet because he was out of the office all day. Martha was in the office so I hope she remembers to tell him. I know Martha went out looking for a Sympathy card to send Joe from MSE. I want to thank you again for doing such a wonderful job with this blog! You and Becky both were great in keeping us informed on what was happening in your lives this week! I pray you will all be back together as a family in just another hour -- sweet reunion! I can't imagine the stress you have been under with your new job situation but you seem to have handled it as well as anyone possibly could! I'm sure it will be much easier next week when you can all get back into your regular routines. Blessings on you and your precious family! You are special!! Aunt Beverly

    ReplyDelete