Thursday, April 1, 2010

Returning soon

This is my last post before returning home. We have had a wonderful day here in exciting Madrid. As it is Semana Santa (Holy Week, week before Easter) the streets are packed. Madrid’s energy is different from Barcelona and Toledo’s. It is much more Spanish. We spent the day walking the streets, sitting in Retiro Park, shopping, and dining. I can’t believe the week is over, but I anxiously await seeing my family. We are getting ready to go to dinner. Then, we’ll probably come back and pack, and then go back out for a couple of tapas. We won’t stay out late as we have a 3:30 am wake up call. I will be traveling for 24 hours. Please pray for safety and sleep. I wasn’t able to sleep on the plane well on the way over.
Daddy, Austin, Matthew, and Maggie, Mommy can’t wait to see you! I’m going to give you hugs and lots of kisses. I’ll probably wake you up at midnight too! I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. I know you won't see this but we are (and have been) praying continually for your safe travels. What a courageous woman you are! Taking on this trip to make sure your students have this experience is just amazing. Well done, Thomas, Jessica, parents & students for this wonderful journey...I am proud of you (Bec). Above most people, I know exactly how hard it is for you to leave home (husband and kids)....we are cut from the same mold, whether you like to hear that or not:) love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete