Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Pa-Paw is walking with Jesus

I have prayed and prayed for this day. It has come, and it came exactly the way I prayed. My Pa-Paw went peacefully in his sleep early this afternoon. He wasn't in pain. He is no longer in pain. He no longer has difficulty breathing. He no longer has to walk with a walker. Through tears I am rejoicing. He is in a far better place than I am. He is home. There is no doubt where my Pa-Paw is today. He was a Godly man. One of unquestionable integrity. A faithful husband. A loving father and grandfather.

I know this is what my Pa-Paw would say:

"But don't cry for me 'cause I'm finally free

To run with the angels on streets made of gold to listen to stories of saints new and old to worship our Maker that's where I'll be when you finally find me..."

from Wish You Were Here by Mark Harris

4 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with tears, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said...thank you for being there today, I know it wasn't easy. I hope things work out for you on Sat. with your friends. Daddy loved you so much. You always sat beside him at every dinner when you were small and held his hand even to the end. He loved us one and all for sure and certain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear. We're pray for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete