Saturday, July 24, 2010

Amy and I Got Crafty!

Amy and I have been talking about trying to make pillowcase dresses for the girls. She surprised me this weekend by buying and bringing the material to London (we thought it might be best to have Jackie there to help guide us)! Jackie told us what to do, and then we did it to the best of our non-sewing ability. We didn't start with a pillowcase, so it was a little more difficult than it had to be. But, the material is cuter than any pillowcase I've seen! I am NOT a gifted seamstress. I need practice. If you ever see Maggie in her dress, don't look close! It took us approximately 3 1/2 hours to make them, however, I can honestly say that we made them! I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed!




The Final Product! I still need to cut some of the ribbon off.

5 comments:

  1. How cute!!! Let me know if you ever want to make them to sell :) I have always wanted to try and make one, but I am not sure I have the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!!!! stop posting this cute girl stuff and post cute boy stuff please!!! These are too cute..... I need a girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I am impressed! That you tried, and that you succeeded so beautifully!! It's adorable!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete