Monday, August 9, 2010

Good bye summer, hello KINDERGARTEN!

This summer has flown by faster than I would have liked, but the kids and I have had some very fun times. I am sad to see it go.
The past three weeks have been very full. There have been so many things I've wanted to post, but I just haven't had the time. As I sit here after my first day back, I'm exhausted, need to clean, do laundry, plan lessons, and go to bed. However, here I sit blogging! Few words, mostly pictures.

On July 17 (after my Pa-Paw's beautiful funeral service), my college girlfriends came over for the night. Even though we don't see each other often, when we get together it's like no time has passed. I love them dearly and treasure the memories of our time together.
This past weekend we took the kids to Cincinnati and stayed in the downtown Hyatt. They were very well behaved and enjoyed all the activities we did with them. They especially enjoyed walking through the skywalks downtown. On Friday afternoon we explored the Newport Aquarium. On Saturday, we visited the zoo. We had a very nice dinner at a restaurant downtown Cincinnati on Saturday. Jason and I were a little hesitant to take them to a nice restaurant, but after walking the skywalk, visiting the zoo, and swimming in the hotel pool they barely could keep their heads up at dinner! Jason and I enjoyed a VERY peaceful dinner even with three kids!

Yes, there is a humongous snake on my lap!

Newport Aquarium
Tonight we had an ice cream social at Huntertown!! The boys were very excited to meet their teachers. Matthew was very outgoing. He walked around his room with a huge smile looking at all the fun things. Austin was a little shy. He tends to act silly when in a new situation meeting someone. He was probably pretty typical, but a little embarrassing. Matthew's teacher seems VERY nice, caring, and together. Austin's teacher seems very fun, positive, and patient. I can't wait to see how the boys learn and grow over the next few weeks!

Matthew's teacher Mrs. Harvey

Austin's teacher Ms. Lawson (on right) and assistant Ms. Mitchell

3 comments:

  1. ahhh!! i'll be thinking of you on wednesday! can't believe they are really going to kindergarten! Wish i could be their teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew didn't mention he petted a snake, when we ate on Sunday evening! Wow, that is HUGE. I am most surprised it was sitting on YOUR lap (not really, you were the little girl that would pick up bugs and loved disecting a piglet).....it's very hard for me to be at CME and them at Huntertown tomorrow...I would LOVE to see how they do in school! Time will tell! I know they will learn, and have a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... thank you Becky for sharing! So very precious (and tears) and can't wait to see more pictures... M&A both look excited and happy. I've been thinking about all of you (especially this morning) and how the school year is going to change schedules, stress, etc. and just praying things will go smoothly, everyone adjusts to their new routines easily, and the boys love every minute of school. Although the first day of school is emotional, I also know you being a teacher will give M&A a "jump start" and they will do great! I can't wait to hear all about their school days, teachers, etc. Love, Kimmie

    ReplyDelete