Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Mad Potter

I have wanted to take the kids to the Mad Potter for months. Yesterday I decided it was time. All morning the boys were saying they wanted to get their faces painted. I'm not sure where that came from, but I told them I didn't know of a carnival in town to go to, mommy's not that talented, and that I wasn't sure if our paint would break out their faces. I thought telling them about the Mad Potter would end the face painting issue. It did.
I first took them to the new pottery place closer to the house called, "The Art Box." I felt so stupid leaving, but they charge a per person studio fee. It was going to be $18 for the kids to paint without even picking out a piece of pottery. I quietly told the kids that we were going to another store, and they left without complaining.
Things went very well at the Mad Potter (aside from spilling both bowls of water). Everyone painted a 4 inch tile with a hand print in the middle. I plan on hanging them together in the basement (which is almost finished!!!).


No comments:

Post a Comment