Monday, June 8, 2009

My WCHS Family

My friend Mona and my assistant principal Jennifer Forgy put together a wonderful reception honoring The Keith Family. She told me one morning that she was going to email the faculty and that she didn't want me to read the email. It said...
A Family, as I’m sure you know,
Often seems to grow and grow,

The Keith’s, overnight – it surely did!
They gained an extra special kid.

He isn’t a tiny infant small
But that doesn’t really matter at all.

To welcome her blessing to the family,
Please join us in planting a cherry tree.

Donations for Becky, her family, and tree,
We’re asking from the high school of Woodford County.

So if you are interested in being a part,
Thank you right now for your great big heart.

We are sure you will want to be part of the fun,
So donate some dollars, if even just one.

In this envelope, place your note and money,
And we will celebrate her new little honey.

On the third of June, during our lunch,
We will give the tree - to the new Keith bunch.

I know it’s late in the year but I’m sure many of us have thought of and prayed for this family often and Becky is our family……so let’s celebrate!!!
Our new cherry tree!
We are so excited to plant it. The notes hanging from the tree were so sweet. Many were very personal and heart felt.
I left school on Wednesday and took the money straight to the bank. I came home and reserved a night at Great Wolf Lodge. I can't wait! I know Matthew will LOVE Great Wolf! He screams WATER whenever he sees it!
Thank you Woodford County High School Faculty and Staff, Mona, Jennifer, and Christy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Becky, how very special!! You will always remember the kindness of your faculty and staff when you view this tree over the years! It thrills my heart to see how well Matthew is doing. I know there must be times when you wonder if there's enough of you to go around, but remembering what you saved that precious little boy from should give you the extra strength you need to carry on! Thank you Jason for being so supportive -- I know Becky couldn't make it without you! God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete