Thursday, January 7, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!

I have to admit..... I get just as excited about snow days now as I did when I was a student. Even though (like tomorrow) sometimes I'd rather go to school in January than in June, there is something wonderful about seeing your county's name scroll on the bottom of the screen. I took off my clothes and jumped back in bed. Of course, Maggie was up shortly after 6:00. Knowing we're already off tomorrow, maybe everyone will sleep in until 7:30... just a wish!
We started the day with pancakes. Hoping it would soon start snowing (snow day without snow), I showed the boys how to make snow flakes. They always enjoy using their scissors. We taped our unique flakes to the front window. Daddy said he noticed them immediately when he pulled in the drive way.
This morning I made a delicious potato soup (recipe from Jessica) and put a roast in the crock pot for French dip subs (recipe from Cara) for dinner. Both were excellent. As soon as I get a chance, I'll post the recipes.
This afternoon, we bundled up and ran down to Sara's house. Here are some photos of our Arctic adventure!





I have never seen myself in Austin, however, as I was about to end this post, I caught a glimpse of his bundled up face. Is it just me or does his face look just like mine in this picture?

5 comments:

  1. such cute pictures! Now that you pointed out his little face I do have to agree with you, he does look like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad just told me to write back and say "OK he is your son".....how fun this looks, cold but fun. Brings back many memories, and I love the fact I was home in front of the fire with a hot cup of tea and a Lori Wick book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom,
    Daddy made us hot cocoa and had it waiting for us when we came back in. Sounds like you had a relaxing day. Mine wasn't at all the same, but it was great to be home with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Becky... wouldn't call today relaxing, but it sure is nice to stay in PJs and just hear their voices playing. Beck, our quick little roll in the snow was fun... even if it was short and sweet. They are creating memories together and that is the most important part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great day! Enjoy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete