Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our 1st Year with Matthew

**To watch the video, you may need to let it buffer once through, and then go back and watch it to see it without stopping.

Today we are remembering our 1st year with Matthew. One year ago today, we picked him up for the first time. January through March we only had him on Wednesday nights and the weekends. April 3, he moved in to our home. It has been a wild year; full of ups, downs, and if possible, inside outs! We felt God's calling long before the situation arose, so when times were tough, we had faith in His plan for our family. This hasn't been easy, but it's been good. We have learned to live as a family of five with two four year old boys and little sister. We have all given, taken, and grown as a family. We have laughed, cried, screamed, and (all) thrown tantrums. Our family (especially parents), friends, love for one another, and our reliance on Jesus Christ has gotten us through this awesome year. Thank you to all who have supported Matthew and us. We couldn't have done it without you.

We feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to welcome Matthew into our family. One year later, he is part of this family. This is his home; he knows it, believes, it, and thrives in its stability. We love him for his sweet smile, his bravery, his laugh, his adventure, his love of books, his hugs, and his kisses. Matthew, thank you for trusting us, relying on us, believing in us, and loving us. We love you.

8 comments:

  1. Becky, this video of Matthew's first year is SOOOO precious!! He is a very blessed child to have such a Godly home in which to grow up. I know it hasn't been easy and there have been times when your weariness brought you close to despair, but God brought you through those times and blessed you for your faithfulness! Thank you for sharing Matthew's first year in your home with us -- my tears are tears of thankfulness and blessing!! I love you and Jason and your precious children dearly! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me cry!!! That is my ALL TIME favorite song ;) and my all time favorite family! I'm so glad he is with you all. He is precious just like the rest of your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this video is so very precious and the song seems to be an echo for Matthew’s “story”. And what a “story” his life will be! Thank you Becky and Jason! My words and tears and love will never be enough.
    Jon’s first January service entitled “Ministry” brought both you and Jason to my mind immediately. I wrote down some of the words of his sermon that touched me thinking of you: “Love someone like they’ve never been loved before.” “Love them with the love that comes from God and flows through you.” “We will never regret loving too much.” “The safest thing is taking a risk and to reach out to someone is to risk involvement.” And last but not least, 1 John 3:18: “Let us not love with words but with actions and in truth.”
    Becky and Jason because of your love and compassion and sacrifice for Matthew, all that love him are blessed. We could never have prayed and/or hoped for anything more than the home, love and family you have provided to Matthew. I am so thankful for you both! God has answered our prayers and I look forward to all his many blessings in the future and for your/our family.
    Sincerely and with much Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious. It's a privilege to have been part of the last year. You are touching so many lives beyond just Matthew's. I'm so thankful to have you both and that my kids have such an awesome uncle and aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! It's amazing how fast a year has flown. He really is a sweet boy and is blessed to be in your family, but you are also blessed to have him! My girls love Matthew and Austin!
    The video made me cry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I have said this before, but I am just SO proud of you! I tell people all the time about how much you amaze me with your calm strength as a parent. I learn from you ALL the time! I feel blessed beyond words to have you as my best friend! I love you.

    On a much lighter note... I am so glad Matthew has become part of "the gang". Austin's recent decision to marry someone else has led me to believe Matthew might just be a perfect match for El. Watch out buddy, those two will be FULL of adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete