Monday, November 1, 2010

October Fun

Seems as if I'm down to one post a month. Terrible! I promise to be better in November. It has taken me three months to figure out how to balance life with two kindergartners, a new leadership position at school, KTIP resource teacher, and new school year. I am happy to say that I now feel back to normal!
Looking back on September and October (wherever they went), I have one thought.... I love my family. Although I had a lot of anxiety getting used to a very busy schedule, outside of the work day we had a blast enjoying fall together. Since I am so far behind with the blog, I will be short on words, but follow up with lots of photos!
Huntertown Elementary's Annual PTO Walk-a-thonI've had a great time getting involved in the boys' school. Although I'm a full time working mom, I feel I've been able to be involved. I've formed relationships with the boys' teachers, and have even been able to teach a Spanish lesson in their K classrooms!

Fall Break at the Beach!!!
I don't know what made this beach trip so easy, but it was just what I needed! The kids were excellent. Jason and I decided to take this trip on a Wednesday night. We booked a room Thursday, and left on Friday. Maybe that's what made it so laid back. It was a wonderful time with the kids, my husband, and my parents (who were at the same beach with friends). Jason wasn't able to take the whole week off, so he flew back early, early Wednesday morning. I tried not to think about him not being there or driving back without him, but the kids were great the remainder of the trip and everything was fine. They love the beach so much.



The boys had a fun time hitting tennis balls off the tee in the sand.




The ocean view from the porch was picture perfect. Here we are enjoying supper our last night at the beach (without daddy)
Upward Soccer
Matthew learned a lot about soccer and had a very fun time playing it with his cousin Anna!
Pumpkin Carving!
The boys were ready to carve a pumpkin October 1. We held them off a little, but they couldn't wait! They created a friendly pumpkin.

Camping at the Horse Park



We created wonderful family memories this year at the KY Horse Park Campground Halloween Fest. It was the weekend before Halloween. There were endless activities, free food, and campsite decorations. There was a hayride, costume contest, and the best Trick or Treating around! The kids were worn out!

My heroes.... an army man and spiderman along with a little scary witch.

We spent Halloween weekend in London with Jason's parents. The kids enjoyed playing around the house, walking around Jesse's farm, making Halloween cookies with Granny, and Trick or Treating again.

3 comments:

  1. Whew....good times, a lot packed into one month. I know you look forward to Christmas break from school to have a little down time, and I feel sure you won't be down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just now reading this. Sounds like a packed full month. No wonder I haven't see you much. Lets make sure to get the kids together a few times over break.

    ReplyDelete