Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day Back

Today was a smooth first day back to school. Jason is traveling from out of town this week, so he leaves very early and returns around 7:15pm. Getting dressed and out the door could have gone better, but it also could have gone a lot worse! After arriving at Tot's Landing, I realized I had forgotten the boy's stuffed animals. At school this week they have brought in their favorite book, photo, animal, and tomorrow will wear their favorite t-shirt (laundry going now). The boys were upset not to have their animals, and I didn't want my kids to be the ones without their animal, so I backed out of my spot and went home to get the animals. I really could have used that time at school, but I wanted to get the animals. This put me getting to school as the student drivers did, so the first day of school traffic and leaving Tots late made my morning a little stressful.
I have first block plan this year, so I lost most of my plan due to advisory time. We will have advisory again Thursday and Friday, but it will be shorter so I'll have a longer plan than today. We have a new trimester schedule this year, so instead of teaching three blocks a day, I now teach four shorter blocks (75 min). After having advisory, a little plan, a Spanish One class, and a Spanish Three class, I was tired and I felt like it was time to go home. Unfortunately I still had two classes to go! It will definitely take getting used to the trimester. The one thing I like about it is that I have a common plan with my co-workers Jessica and Thomas. This will be a huge help!
Maggie did great at school today. Although she was a little hesitant, she sat down at the table for her breakfast and I was able to leave. Lee said she had a great day. I peeped in one time during the day and she was sitting at the table eating and smiling. The best part of the day was picking her up. As soon as she saw me she squealed and yelled, Momma!" She threw her toy down and ran over to me. When I picked her up she yelled momma over and over with a huge smile on her face. I took my camera, but was out of battery.
I came home tonight and cooked dinner. The kids were bathed, teeth brushed, and pj's on when Jason walked in the door. He is putting them to bed as I type.
Going to run now. This week we are:
(4 to 6 days per week) Start with a 5 minute warm up walk, then alternate walking & jogging and walk only half the distance of each jog, as follows:Jog 1/4 mile (one lap) then Walk 1/8 mile (1/2 half lap)Jog 1/2 mile (2 laps)Walk 1/4 mile (1 lap)Jog 1/4 mile (1 lap)Walk 1/8 mile (half-lap)Jog 1/2 mile.
I did it Monday night and was sweating from head to toe. It was hard! I hope it will be easier tonight! If you missed the couch to 10K post, our goal is a 10K Oct. 17.

2 comments:

  1. My first day, as you know was spent at the Jessamine Co. court house. I don't care if I never serve on a jury again to make decisions that will affect a person's life for years to come. Not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. word of advice because I have left plenty of things behind of the girls is this- pack their stuff the night before and put it in the car and then that way in the morning all you need are the kids!!
    Great job on the 10K!!

    ReplyDelete