Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Night at Fort Boonesborough

Friday afternoon we took the kids camping with nana and pap. We camped at Fort Boonesborough and had the perfect spot! We backed up to the volleyball and basketball courts. The courts were right beside two playgrounds, and the bath house was behind the basketball court. It was great! The kids rode their bikes on the volleyball courts the entire time (there wasn't a volleyball net)! We could sit at the fire and watch them ride their bikes or play on the playground. Also, the site was almost 100% shaded. Saturday morning the sun was HOT, but at the camp site it was almost cool.
Even though it is TOO much work to pack for the trip and set up camp, I believe it is totally worth it. Our car was completely filled just for one night. We really want a pop up! I grew up camping, and really want the kids to have all the same experiences and memories as I did with my brother and parents. Here are a few pictures.
The boys loved having their own little tent!

Pap cooking a hot dog over the fire.

MJ loves playing with her Pap.

We had a surprise visit from my brother! The kids were so excited to see Uncle Jason.

Jason drinking his Starbucks.
Yes, ashamed to admit it.... I did GPS a Starbucks first thing in the morning. In my defense, Maggie was up before the entire campground. I had to do something with her! Okay... I would have done it anyway.

Pap cooked a delicious breakfast... bacon, eggs, toast. It smelled so good!

Going for a bike ride.

Nana reading.


Camping is hard work!

Water fight!

3 comments:

  1. How have I talked to you 4 times in the past few hours and had NO IDEA you went camping Friday night. Guess we were too busy getting excited about our new diet. I think excited and diet SHOULD NOT have been in the same sentence. Looks like you had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you totally about the hard work to get all the camping gear together and packed, especially for just one night! But I also agree that it is sooooo worth it!! We loved camping when our children were small and we keep talking about doing it again -- I hope we will some time soon. Glad you had such a wonderful spot -- it sounds ideal!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun and the boys loved the hayride and bike riding! Good memories just keep on rolling.

    ReplyDelete