Saturday, September 12, 2009

Growing up too fast!

Austin was 2 years and 7 months old when Jason and I decided he was ready to potty train. And, he was. We put him in underware, bought some cars as a reward, and off he went. From day one he told us when he needed to go. He didn't like it at all when we would ask him or remind him. We started the day after we brought home his new baby sister. Jason took off that week, so we thought it would be the perfect week. I don't remember ANY accidents. Unfortunately, now he gets too busy playing and is too lazy to stop and go, so we are now (at age 4) having accidents.
All that to say.... my 20 month old little baby went pee pee in the potty seven times today! Yesterday as I was changing her diaper she pointed to the potty and said, "pee pee". I asked, "Maggie, do you want to go pee pee on the potty?" She jumped up and ran to it. I held her on it, and out it came. I was shocked! We haven't been trying, discussing, or even considering potty training! This morning at Panera, she pointed to the restroom and said, "Pee pee." I asked if she needed to go and she started trying to get out of the high chair. She went, and she did it! We put one of Austin's old pull ups on her, and she went on the potty six more times today. I feel like she is too young, but I've always heard girls are ready before boys. I guess we'll just keep putting her on when we get the chance or when she says she needs to go. I hadn't even given potty training a thought.... although it would be nice to save diaper money!

3 comments:

  1. That's great about Maggie!! Karissa was over 3 before she was potty trained and Katie was 2 yr and 8 months. At the age of 4 Katie would be so busy and pee on the front porch. She didn't want to come in until the last min and never make it. My favorite is when she would pee beside the toilet because she couldn't hold it any longer!! Thank goodness she has out grown this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my girls were ready at that age. I held Madelyn off a couple months because Caroline had just been born. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welllll that just means it's time for another one :) hehe i can't believe she is already potty training!!

    ReplyDelete