Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Special Mommy Night

Jason and I try to give the kids individual time as much as we can. Unfortunately it doesn't happen as often as we'd like. Tonight, Austin and mommy had a special night. The boys came home with stickers on their backs to remind us of picture day tomorrow. As Austin is overdue for a haircut, the two of us went out to get one around 7:00. After his cut we went to Starbucks. Austin had a kiddie hot chocolate and I had my favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte. We sat inside in the big, comfortable chairs and had a little chat. When we arrived home, the other two were asleep. He needed a bath, so he got to take one in our big tub with the jets. Before bed we practiced writing his whole name, and tried to read a few sight word books.
It was a special night for both of us. He is a wonderful son. He is so sweet and kind. He tries to do his best at everything. Don't get me wrong... we definitely have our four year old moments, but I couldn't have been blessed with a more thoughtful son. He loves to talk about going to college. He packs his backpack everyday, and tells us he has homework to do. Also, he refers to himself as "baseball boy." He LOVES to wear his cowboy boots. In fact, most mornings he asks to wear them. We usually tell him they wouldn't be comfortable to wear all day long. Tonight the hair dresser asked him how old he was and he said, "Four, but I wear five year old clothes." My big boy.... I love him dearly.
Here are a couple tub shots with his hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment