Sunday, September 6, 2009

Southland Welcomes Danville!!

Today Southland Christian Church welcomed the city of Danville to the church family. Jason and I were able to be apart of this historical church moment, and I am so excited! It was more than I expected. The place is wonderful. Once inside, it truly has the look and feel of Southland. We arrived at 9:00 to welcome, help with parking, and fill communion trays. We attended the 10:00 service. The music was fantastic. Because of the smaller sanctuary, worship time felt more intimate. I actually enjoyed it more than in the home sanctuary. Jason and I discussed moving up closer from the bleachers to the floor next Sunday. There were probably 600 people in the first service. I don't know how many were there for the second. I am curious how many were there in total, as well as how many were volunteers. Music was live and the minister was live to welcome and close. Jon was recorded at the Saturday night service and played on the big screens for the sermon. To me, it seemed normal because I usually watch him on the big screens anyway. I believe it will feel and serve as a perfect home church to those in the Danville area. One guy from our sunday school class was outside the building when a man approached him and asked what was going on. He thought it was a big sale. Our friend said, "It's a new church. Why don't you go on in?" The man said, "I'm not really dressed for church, but I'll go check it out." He walked right on in!! Isn't that great!
Here are a few pictures from the building. I didn't take very many because I felt strange doing it. None are from the actual service.
Danville's campus is part of a strip mall with a cinema to the left and a Food Lion to the right.

Sanctuary on left, nursery rooms on right

The Sanctuary (seats 600)

Yesterday, Austin looked down at the road and asked, "Whose footprints are these?" Jason said, "I don't know, maybe grandad's." With a shaky voice Austin said, "No. Those are too big to be grandad's. I think there's a monster around here somewhere." Monster Footprints
A.K.A. Water on the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment