Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catching up

  • We hosted a "Soup"er Bowl party for our Sunday School class "Happily Hitched." We had several soups, appetizers, and desserts. It was great to watch commercials, chat with friends, and watch football (I did watch the 2nd half). Best of all, it was at our house, so we put the kids to bed and didn't have to leave the party to do it! I made potato soup, buffalo chicken sandwiches, snack mix, chocolate cake, and a dip. Here is the link to the buffalo sandwiches and chocolate cake. If you like chocolate, you should try this cake. It's easy, very moist, and super chocolaty. I used coffee instead of coffee liqueur.
  • I can't put Beth Moore's new book down! I'm only in chapter 4, but I would like to recommend it to all women. You really need to read this book!! It is called, "So long Insecurities." You can buy it at Lifeway. I also recommend following her blog. Through her blog she is leading a So Long Insecurities Discussion group. Here is the link to that post. There are currently 5,602 women signed up to discuss this book.
  • Yesterday was not a very restful Snow Day! I took advantage of the day off, and made a few morning calls. We went to the doctor, pediatric dentist, and my dentist... and the pharmacy four times! It was nice to get all those things done, but having to make the day up doesn't seem fair! Maggie has bronchitis. Please keep her in your prayers.
  • Woodford County gave me a second chance at a snow day. It was much better today! After making breakfast, I made a water table for the kids. They had a blast playing with whisks, measuring cups, strainers, etc. Then, we had a few minutes of school. I bought a new game called "Bananagrams." It's fun for adults, but a nice spelling manipulative for learning. The game is made of little letter tiles, so we were able to practice spelling sat, cat, hat, fat, rat, and bat. Tonight at bed, Matthew's book had the word fat in it. He was able to figure it out from this morning! I was so proud! Amy, Caleb, and Anna came over around 11:00. We made lunch, and then the kids played while Amy and I scrapbooked! I didn't really want another snow day to make up, but it may have been worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your "souper bowl" themed party. Glad your family is away this weekend...I want to hear all about it. Sorry all my gifts to them are sitting by my backdoor! I have to get them over when you get home on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete