Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

My Three Little Valentine's

Today I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I have three sweet hearted children and one amazing Valentine. I love Austin because he is so considerate. I love Matthew because he is courageous. I love Maggie because she is sweet and sassy. I love Jason because he my soul mate. As time moves by so quickly, I want to take time to breath it all in. This is such a wonderful stage in our family, and I can't get enough of my four sweethearts.
I made these Valentine's bags for the kids and filled them full of little goodies and toys. I put them together in the hotel last night after the kids were asleep. This morning they woke up to their Valentine surprise. They were so excited. Austin kept saying, "You and daddy sure love us a lot." Then the boys started telling me how much they loved me. Austin said to the stars and back. Matthew said to the beach and back.



We started today off with breakfast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe! It is such a fun place to go. Today they had a balloon arch set up for pictures. The staff wore prom attire. It is such a neat eclectic place. If you're ever in Louisville, I suggest getting reservations.


Saturday in Louisville
We always go out of town with Jason's family for his birthday. It is always a great get-a-way together with his family. This year we stayed closer to home because I don't have Monday off (well, snow is in the forecast). We left town around 10:30 Saturday and drove to downtown Louisville. We ate lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Yum! On the way Austin said he didn't want to eat there because it's broken. I asked why it's broken, and he told me because it's old. It caught me by surprise because we hadn't been talking about it. I guess he'd been thinking on that one. As we passed the high rise buildings, bridges, boats, and stadiums, the boys were in awe. They kept saying, "This is the coolest trip ever." They're so sweet!
After the Spaghetti Factory we walked to the Louisville Science Museum. We played in it all afternoon. It is such a great place for kids. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they currently have a Titanic exhibit. I loved it! I read every word of every display. Jason laughed as he told me that all they need to do to get me interested in a museum is make a movie. Funny, but probably true.
Here are a few photos from the science center:






1 comment: