Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So I don't forget...

I have now started this post three times. I keep erasing what I write. I can't really get what I want to say to come out right. This post was going to be a quick top three things of the moment I don't want to forget, but I am wanting to turn it into some mushy post. I'll stop right now and let my buddy Steven do it for me....
"So breathe it in and breathe it out
and listen to your heartbeat
there's a wonder in the here and now
it's right there in front of you
I don't want you to miss the miracle of this moment"
We took this picture yesterday (2/22/2010) while visiting with my dear Pa-Paw and Ma-Maw. Pa-Paw was sitting under his warm electric blanket. His hands were warm, but felt so thin. The nurse drained fluid from his stomach on Thursday and again today. Based on the measurements, he is filling back up too fast for his liver to be working properly. She told him today that his liver is shutting down. I can't help but to be so sad, but every time I cry I try to tell myself that I am being selfish. How can I want him to stay here on Earth when he will be in heaven? God's been preparing it for a long time. It only took seven days to make this place, can you imagine what heaven will be like after all this time? It is far beyond my comprehension, but I know my Pa-Paw is going to be so alive and well. So, for now I want to remember his soft, warm hands and his "I love you baby" good-bye kisses.

Austin showed me this picture as soon as I opened his classroom door this afternoon. He said, "This is a picture of my mommy and my daddy." He was so proud. Austin has enjoyed writing, coloring, and "drawing" for awhile, but this is the first picture that actually looks like something! I'm not saying I have a Picasso on my hands, I'm just saying this picture is special and I don't want to forget it!
He must just be getting better at drawing actual objects. When I said something to Jason about it being his first drawing, he reminded me of this painting from the snow day last week. Here are Austin's first two pieces of art.

I don't remember if this is Batman, Spiderman, or Superman, but that is what he was going for.
We had family night tonight at BounceU. I don't want to forget all five of us climbing to the top, waiting for each other, getting situated, counting to three, and sliding down interlocking arms. We stayed at the bottom and laughed together each time. We did this at least ten times. The kids thought it was so fun to go down together. Maggie has been so excited all day. I think it's funny she already knows the name BounceU. She is such a daredevil. She goes down the slide headfirst, upside down, rolling, and even takes off airborne with a bounce at the top. I guess I shouldn't be surprised... she does exactly what her two fine role models do. We practically had the place to ourselves tonight. We played on the slide the most, but the boys also enjoyed the obstacle course with a little climbing wall.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, I love this post! The drawings Austin did are great, I'm glad you all had fun at Bounce U and I'll be praying for peace for your family during Pa-paw's last days on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to write with tears flowing...I want to say I know exactly why MJ is a daredevil and it has nothing to do with A & M. She is YOUR daughter.

    ReplyDelete