Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another Snow Day to Play!

After breakfast and TV I decided to make the playdough recipe mom used when I was growing up. It's so easy the kids can make it. Step one: Heat 1 cup flour, 1cup water, 1/2 cup salt, 1T cooking oil, and 2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter. Stir over low heat until it thickens and pulls away from the sides of pan. Heat until it is no longer sticky.
Step two: Remove from pan and let cool. Once cool, knead dough. Divide into balls and poke a hole in each. Put food coloring drops in hole and knead.

Step three: Enjoy!

One year ago….
I was looking back at our snow day post from one year ago. I then continued reading. My how things have changed! Here are my favorite lines from last year’s February posts:

Feb. 17, 2009:"On Friday, Tot's Landing called me at school to inform me that my son stuck an m&m up his nose. Apparently it was stuck so far up that the teachers couldn't see it. After some melting time, Austin blew a chocolate booger. He cried hysterically."


Feb. 2, 2009:"When we pray with Matthew at night he repeats what we say. Tonight, I was praying with him while Jason was with Austin. Here is how it went...

Me-Dear Jesus

Matthew-Dear Jesus

Me-Thank you for our time together.

Matthew-You're welcome."


1 comment:

  1. That still remains to be my favorite Matthew story ever and I will never forget about Austin and the M&M. So many fun Tots stories... I am so glad our kids have been able to share that together. I am still holding out for some sort of miracle that will allow them to go through their school years together! Ellie is in LOVE with Austin you know!

    ReplyDelete