Sunday, July 12, 2009

A day of firsts!

Their first flight...
Yesterday was a great, but very long first day. The alarm sounded at 4:00 am (of course we snoozed a little). We arrived in Louisville at 6:15 and boarded the plane around 7:20. We flew Southwest, so the seating was open (they don't assign seat numbers). I liked this because we were able to get two window seats for the boys. Jason and Austin sat across from me and the other two, I was so excited about the boys riding on an airplane that I actually cried during take off. Why am I so emotional? Jason said that Austin asked really thoughtful questions the entire flight! I'm glad he was sitting with him! On my side, we looked out the window a lot and colored most of the trip. The kids could not have been better! They did so well! They enjoyed the flight and were very well behaved. The best part??? We were getting dressed for the beach in our hotel by 10:30 am!!!!!



The first beach trip for one of the kids...
Bold
We are only here in Clearwater for two nights. Then, we will meet Jason's family and go to John's Pass for the week. Yesterday was a perfect day at the beach. The water felt awesome! I have never been to a beach were the boats pull up, throw out their anchor, and spend the day. It was such a neat atmosphere. The ocean right outside of the hotel is a perfect spot for the kids. It is so clear and the boats kind of created a boundary to make a pool. The kids had fun playing in the sand and water. It was relaxing and enjoyable for all of us. A great start to our vacation!

Last night we walked to a restaurant called Crabby Bills. Jason and I had fish. We all enjoyed the view of the ocean and the live music. Maggie danced for everyone. This morning we ate at IHOP. Right now the boys have their trunks on and are ready to hit the beach! Me too!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water looks so calm and serene, so much different than the huge waves at Daytona and New Smyrna! We will never get Austin back to the beach on "our" side!! Actually, I have only been once to the Gulf, but I really like the water better! Not the beach so much, but I love floating out in the water like a pool! So thankful you are well and having fun! You deserve it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we go to clearwater all the time! my grandmother has a house down there! It's so beautiful!! and we love john's pass!!! have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete