Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Update

Girl's Night!
Friday night I got to go to Hindman, Ky to be with my best college girls! It was so great to spend time with them. We see each other about three times a year, but when we get together it is always the same. We laugh as we talk about old days, the kids, and the husbands. Maggie went too, and loved the time with the girls!
Boy's Night!
Saturday night Jason had his annual pledge class reunion at our house. I am so proud of him! I was in London with the kids, so he had to host himself. He straightened up the house and served the food! He made Paula Deen's stuffed burgers all by himself! He said they turned out well.
Gone Fishing

On Sunday Jason came to London to be with us at his mom's. In the afternoon we went to his Granny's farm and went fishing. We had great luck again (although I didn't do as well). Uncle Jesse cleaned them up and we had fried catfish for dinner! They were delicious!

After fishing Jesse fed the catfish (did I mention it is a stocked pond?). It was quite a show! The boys loved watching the fish come up to eat. There were TONS! This is a picture of the catfish eating at one of the ponds.

Day at the Pool
Today we went to the Nicholasville pool. I can't believe it is July 27 and it is the first day I've made it to the public pool! The kids had a blast. We went around 11:00 and left about 3:00. MJ was asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot, and the boys were before we got home. Mom went with me thank goodness. It would have been pretty hard without her.

2 comments:

  1. Today at the pool was so fun. The boys loved every minute. If anyone wants to see more photos at the pool, check out my blog! Becky had her hands full so I got a few more pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! You two are sure brave to take 3 little ones to the pool!! That was always the most nerve wracking thing I did when my children were small (thus we didn't go very much!) Trying to keep your eye on them all at the same time is exhausting! I guess I was a bit (LOT) paranoid -- I have a great fear of drowning. Funny, since I spent most of my childhood summers at the pool!

    Ummmmm.....Becky? Does Granny ever allow EXTENDED family to fish in her pond????? lolol That sounds like WAY FUN!!!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete