Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Fun!

Happy Birthday CCU!
We love FREE summer fun! Friday (6/26) CCU celebrated their birthday with a bounce house, carnival games, great prizes, police, fireman/trucks, hot dogs, chips, and drinks! The kids had a great time.
The boys love to see firetrucks, ambulance, and police cars, so the opportunity to sit in one was too cool! I think they went back to the truck three times to climb in! Of course the visit was complete with a fire hat.
This was Maggie's first experience in a bounce house without me holding her... and she LOVED it! I had to climb in and drag her out crying. We were the first to arrive at the party, so the kids were the only three in there. I think that helped make her first experience so great. We jumped again later with other kids in there and she did just as well.
A Romantic Weekend for TWO at the Beaumont Inn
For Father's Day I gave Jason a night without kids at the Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg. We had a fantastic, QUIET, relaxing, romantic time! It was so great just to be with him. I picked a place close by so we wouldn't spend much time in the car, as well as somewhere we'd never been. We enjoyed each other so much! We swam in the pool, played shuffleboard, ate lunch in the tavern, walked to Main St for ice cream, had a romantic dinner in the Inn restaurant, sat on the front porch, relaxed on the swing, and had a wonderful breakfast the next morning.
Happy Birthday Granny!
Jason's mom's birthday was Monday (6/29). We celebrated it in London Wednesday/ Thursday with Aprile, Amy, Caleb, and Anna. It was great to be with family, and the kids had a fantastic time playing together. Unfortunately, it was too cold to swim. We did once, but it was just too cold to swim on Thursday. The kids were disappointed, but were side tracked by getting to make and decorate cupcakes. Aprile made a chocolate cheesecake for Jackie. She had a candle on her cheesecake and all the kids had one on their cupcakes. We sang Happy Birthday together, and then everyone blew out their candle.

Maggie loved the icing!

Great decorating!

The cheesecake was delicious!!!
Maggie and Caleb love each other so much! It cracks me up! He is so good with her. She sat right by him for probably 15 minutes while he played video games. She kept putting her hand on him.
July 3rd Patriotic Concert
My favorite part of celebrating Independence Day is going to the July 3rd Patriotic concert at Transy. My parents go with all of their friends and have a big pot luck. Several of their friends go really early and get the same, great spot every year. I brought homemade banana ice cream and it was eaten fast. Everyone said it was really good. We proudly wore our red, white, and blue. I decorated Maggie's wagon with balloons, stars, and other decorations. I love the Fourth of July!
Sorry about the crop job at the bottom. See the blog update note at the top if you don't know why... :(
Maggie loves her Pap.


An Icky Fourth
Without going in to detail, we spent the 4th of July at home with a stomach bug! So far it has reached Anna, Caleb, our kids, me, Jackie, Aprile, Mom, and Dad! I feel the worse about my dad. Today (July 5th) is his birthday and he just got hit this morning! We had a family reunion yesterday and plans with friends last night that we didn't get to do. Today we were all getting together for Dad's birthday, plans cancelled. So sad... I love the 4th and 5th of July. Please pray for the bug to stop and not go any further. For now, we are doing much better in the Keith house. Pray, pray that Jason doesn't get it. With Florida next week, he doesn't have ANY sick days to spare.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys have had a fun weekend! I'm sorry to hear that everyone is sick, though. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clyde took them to Louisville early this morning (they left town appx. 4:45) we received a call from the airplane after 9 a.m. saying they had landed in Tampa! I won't write more until I see if Becky has the time/means (laptop?) with her to blog...if not I'll write more as I know it. Anyway, I did talk to all three kids and they had a wonderful first plane ride.....PTL.

    ReplyDelete