Thursday, January 29, 2009

I LOVE Snow Days!

It took probably ten times longer to get the boys dressed and ready to go outside as it did playing in the snow! They wanted to make snow balls and a snowman, but we didn't have good water proof gloves for them to wear. So, I was the one making the snow balls, and that didn't last long! Our little tree is holding strong! It was worth it for the hot chocolate and marshmellows!

I am so excited to have these snow days with the kids. Throughout the day Tuesday Austin mentioned Matthew several times. I told him as soon as we felt the roads were safe we'd go get him. On Wednesday afternoon Jason picked him up. And now that school is called off again tomorrow, we get him all the way through until Sunday! It has been pretty wild around here today, but it is really fun seeing the kids start to bond together. Me? I'm worn out! I have done nothing but cook, clean, play, clean, cook, clean, play, clean... We made clean-up charts in an effort to excite the boys about collecting stickers on their chart for cleaning up. It works off and on. Of course when we get it clean Miss Maggie comes behind to pull off, knock off, dump out everything again. Also, I have discovered that boys will make ANYTHING into a race or competition! I'm saying, "that doesn't matter, who cares, it isn't a race, you're both big boys..." over and over! I have a feeling this is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment