Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Highlights

Watching Curious George
Break Dancing
Finger Painting
☺ Matthew’s first words when I picked him up were “We’re going to church!”
☺ After waking up from yesterday’s nap, I held Matthew in my arms with his head on my chest for several minutes. I rocked him and kissed his face. It was so special.
☺ Austin threw his fruit snack wrapper on the floor, but before I could even say a word Matthew picked it up and threw it in the trashcan. I thanked him and gave him a high five. Austin got a sticker and told Matthew that he earned a sticker.
☺ All three kids stayed busy playing cars while I cooked dinner and Jason cleaned up!
☺ Naptime Saturday AND Sunday!
☺ Matthew and I slept in until 8:20 on Sunday! Thanks Daddy!
☺ We had a dance party in the kitchen. The boys break danced on the floor.
☺ Matthew was so excited about church this morning. He took off running through the gate, and Austin turned around and cried.
☺ We started our foster care classes on Saturday. I can already tell they are going to be very valuable throughout this process.
☺ Aunt Martha brought over Matthew's new race car bed!! Thanks Martha!





2 comments:

  1. I love the artwork and dancing! Matthew and Austin are having fun being "friends" and although adjusting may take awhile, things seem to be going well. Dad and I will set Thursday evenings aside for spending time with Maggie & Austin, so just depend on us...if something comes up, then you can call someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like it's going pretty good. I saw Matthew at church and I was worried about him, but I guess I worried for nothing!
    I'll be thinking of you guys on Sat.

    ReplyDelete