Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's hard to say goodbye... to the choo-choo!

Jason and Matthew just left to go back to Tina’s. Matthew is very tired and upset. He DID NOT want to leave. I knew this time would come as he gets closer to us. Of course I always thought it would be because of us… its not! He wanted to stay and play with the choo-choo train. He loves that train table. The boys usually play just fine at the table although they usually get upset at first determining how many trains they each get to link together. Once we help them through that they’re great.
Tonight we decided to cook and stay in. We wanted the boys to get some playing time. We had an easy dinner- ham and cheese omelets, fruit, and biscuits. The boys ate well and quickly got back to playing.
After working all day, going to renew my license, going to the grocery, running to get Matthew, and cooking, I can quickly tell this back and forth thing is going to get tough. I am ready to show him stability, but that won’t come for another three months. I feel frustrated already. We are getting to know him so well, but are always having to take him back. I think the three day weekends will really help. I wish Tina didn’t live so far away!
My heart just breaks for him. I really noticed tonight how he desperately misses his sissy, Katie. We passed an ambulance on the way over today. Matthew started talking about Katie being sick. He said she is sleeping. He showed me how. He closed his eyes and lowered his head. I told him that I know he misses her, and that it’s okay to think about her and miss her. I told him that I’d show him some pictures of her when we got home. I didn't say anything else. When I showed him the pictures he said, “I love sissy. I love her like this” and he hugged his arms real tight. Here is one of the pictures I showed him.

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

1 comment:

  1. Becky and Jason, I just want to tell you how much I appreciate all you are doing to bind your family together in love! Your children are all so blessed to have parents who love them and teach them about Jesus! I so enjoy reading this blog and keeping up with you and the children -- thank you for taking the time to write and keep us all up-to-date with your family! God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete