Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Family

I love my family. It seems most days I find myself waiting for something bad to happen because my family gives me so much joy. I can’t understand how I could have been so lucky to have a wife that is everything to me and two children that I couldn’t love more if I tried. I sometimes find myself on my knees at the end of the night begging God for another day with them. I think the best decision I ever made was to search for a job that gets me home as early as possible every day. I resisted the idea of fostering a child at first because I held on to my family too tightly. It seems like the last 15 sermons Jon has preached seem to be telling me that I need to give up my family to God. It’s hard to imagine him loving them more than me but I know that’s true. In the last couple of weeks since God has broken through to me I have become very excited about Matthew. I try to be the cool one with Becky but I am finding that harder to do. I am placing Matthew in Gods hands. If we get him only for a short time or forever I know that he will be a most precious gift. He will bring a new level of joy to my life that I didn’t think was possible. The last couple of months have been a wild emotional ride for Becky and her family. I have been so amazed with how strong she has been through the process. I think we will be able to handle the curveballs. During this period I have questioned God and found him to be merciful and true. I am awed by His willingness to give up his family for me. As a parent I can’t imagine a more heartfelt way for God to show his love than through his willingness to give up his son. That is Divine. That is love.
-Jason

1 comment:

  1. You will find, in time, that there is NO better gift to give a mother than to have her daughter cherished. I loved your entry today to reaffirm that gift to me.

    ReplyDelete