Sunday, December 20, 2009

30 years!

Today I am celebrating my 30th Birthday…30! It isn’t that I am no longer in my twenties that bothers me, it is that life is moving at too rapid of a pace. I loved growing up, my time in high school, college, newly wed years, and having babies. But, my babies are growing up too fast. This year I want to breathe, relax, and take in every moment.
Here are the 30 things I want to enjoy in my thirtieth year:
  1. Jason- quality time together and watching him play and wrestle with the kids
  2. Austin- his sweet words and actions
  3. Maggie- her fun laugh
  4. Matthew- his excitement and curiosity
  5. Parents- time together as a big family
  6. Brother- him living in Lexington!
  7. Grandparents- everyday is a gift.
  8. In-laws- the fun we have at their home with the family
  9. Sister-in-laws- talking and laughing, sharing time together
  10. Close friends- accountability and love
  11. Kindergarten- well, not sure I’m going to enjoy the first day, but I want to enjoy talking with them about school everyday.
  12. Home- my new basement!
  13. Winter- snow days!
  14. Spring- Spain
  15. Summer- time off with my kids, the beach, and fishing at Granny’s.
  16. Fall- orchards and Gatlinburg
  17. Music- Steven Curtis Chapman. Maybe even a concert…
  18. Coffee- my new Keurig…yum!
  19. My bed- getting in at night and laying with the kids in the morning.
  20. God’s word- enjoy deepening my knowledge and growing the faith of my children
  21. Sunday pizza- our new tradition fits perfectly between church and naptime.
  22. Books- I never get to read, but I sure enjoy it when I do… Twilight series?
  23. Movies- romantic comedies or kid movies with popcorn and cheddar sprinkles.
  24. Date nights- my favorite nights!
  25. Sweatpants and soup- enough said!
  26. The beach- sun, sand, relaxation, and restaurants.
  27. Great Wolf Lodge- so much fun!
  28. Minivans- Oh yes, I want to become a minivan mom this year. Thirty is the perfect time.
  29. My job- it’s easier to enjoy when I’m doing my best... planning with Jessica too.
  30. Scrapbooks- time to start back!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have been able to spend a little more time together lately. I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL Christmas! Looking forward to our New Year's Eve tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the list and the traditions old and new that you deem important! Many of them will be the things your children will long remember...the time you spent with them and the fact you love one another!

    ReplyDelete