Thursday, December 24, 2009

Six parties in one post!!

Stinnett Family Christmas
Friday, December 18 we celebrated Christmas with mom's family. We gathered at Eastland Church of God for delicious soups, sandwiches, and appetizers. Pa-paw wasn't able to come this year, but was remembered by all. All of my cousins were able to come except for Christopher. He was called to Eastern KY with the National Guard to help with all the power outages.


My Cousins

Ma-Maw and my big brother Jason

Keith Family Christmas

Friday night after Stinnett Christmas, we headed to London. Saturday night we celebrated in Clay County with the Keith Clan. I have a photo below of one of my favorite Keith family traditions. Every year one of the Keith men reads the story of Jesus' birth from Luke, we pray, and eat. After eating we draw numbers and open and steal, open and steal, and (1 1/2 hours later) open and steal some more! This year I ended up with a cute Vera Wang purse.

Greene reading the Christmas story

The boys opened new transformers. It took Jason and I half the night to figure out how to transform them!

Maggie opened a travel Aquadoodle. It was perfect for her! She played with it all night.


My 30th Birthday Surprise Party

Jason (with mom's help) pulled off the perfect surprise party! It totally caught me by surprise! I was so confused as to how it all happened! Jason treated my closest friends and family to a brunch at Equestrian Woods Clubhouse. The food was delicious, and the timing was perfect. We have been so busy, and I know my friends are too, so having a brunch was the best idea. It was simple and sweet. Mom made the table decorations, and I wish I had a picture of them to share. She made little balloons with my baby pictures on them. One picture looked just like Maggie. Most people didn't realize how much she looks like me. Everyone thought it was a picture of her. I don't have any pictures of the day as I didn't come prepared with my camera! Thanks to all who made my birthday extra special!

Christmas with Kimmie

On Tuesday night we headed over to Kimmie's to visit with M's family. She and her family constantly show us love and support. Christmas was no exception! We brought home 2 guitars, 2 pair of cowboy boots, 2 hats, sock hats, gloves, 6 movies, pants, socks, cars, hot wheel tracks, Lincoln logs, money, a baby doll, purses, pink boots, and more! Oh my! Jason and I brought home some goodies too! A very nice card table and chairs and a pottery bowl, beer cheese mix, and silver spreader! Needless to say, the Envoy was full! We enjoyed our time and conversations with his family.


Christmas at Granny and Grandad's

Jackie traditionally puts together an amazing Christmas Eve brunch and we head to Granny's for Christmas Eve dinner, so the 24th is rather busy. The last couple of years we have opened presents with Jason's immediate family on the evening of the 23rd. It was so fun! Caleb, Anna, M, Austin, and Maggie went to town! Caleb is the best at showing excitement! As a result, the boys followed. Every gift brought a huge YEAH!!!! I love this!! I really, really wanted this! Of course when it was over, they were disappointed they didn't have more. I pray this is normal for 4 year olds. I wish they would show a little more appreciation for what they are given, but I assume this is normal for their age and understanding.

Aunt Aprile bought all three boys a Nerf gun!

Maggie was busy playing mommy with her new stroller, baby Belle doll, and princess necklaces.

All three boys got Lego sets. Jason helped the boys put theirs together.

Caleb is a talented Lego builder! He didn't receive any help putting his together... and it had a ton of tiny pieces. He has been working them since he was the boys age. This is a hobby I hope the boys take after.

Austin's 1st Lego!

Anna and Maggie cuddling watching a Princess movie.
Jackie's Christmas Eve Brunch

Yum!

On the way home from Clay County last Saturday, M saw a deer crossing sign and said, "Look!!! This is where Santa crosses the street with his reindeer!"

1 comment:

  1. You've been a busy lady! It looks like you guys are having a great holiday!! This morning Katie tore into everything and then goes we need to go to mamaws for more presents. Jason was so upset and I told him it's normal for this age. I also talked to my sister and she told me about Nathan who is the same age and he did the same thing! So are kids are normal and it did make Jason feel better that Katie wasn't the only one. Plus we must be doing something right because Karissa didn't act like that today:)

    ReplyDelete