Friday, March 27, 2009

¡Estamos en España!

The Group (minus one in the bathroom) in the Lexington Airport
After a LONG trip!

We are here...after two long delays (waiting on the runway), one missed flight, a five hour layover, and a 7 hour flight! Needless to say, everyone is tired, but too excited to sleep. We made it through customs in Madrid very smoothly. We then boarded a bus to Toledo. After a 45 minute ride, the driver stopped at the Toledo lookout at the bottom of the city. It is gorgeous. Here are a few pictures.


After having an hour to freshen up, we walked up to the town center (el zocodover). The group split to go have lunch and explore. We have a free day until 7:00pm tonight. We will go as a group to dinner. The kids are being great! They are SO EXCITED to be in Spain. They keep saying it over and over again!
The hotel is great. Our room is huge! We have two nice windows that open up to the street and a view of the river. We have two bathrooms, a living room with a couch, two closets, and a bedroom. Jason and I weren't expecting this nice of a room. The kids are happy with their rooms too... although they aren't quite as big as ours.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS! Keep praying. Pray for my kids... in three different locations! Austin is on the way to the beach with my parents. Pray for safe travels. Pray that Matthew understands why we aren't getting him and that he is prepared for his big move next Friday. Pray that Maggie is a good baby girl for Granny and Grandad.

8 comments:

  1. have fun!!! how lucky of austin to get to go to the beach! he'll enjoy that special time with your mom and dad for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it! It looks beautiful and I'm happy you all are having fun. We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT TO BE THERE SO BADLY!!!!!!

    You have NO idea how jealous I am.
    NO IDEA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad that you guys got there safely! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you already! But, I am super excited for you and Jason. Enjoy every second and send lots of updates!!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Enjoy your break Sara and Emily! It's 3:00am at home, 8:00 here. We are up and getting ready for the day. We have our hotel windows open letting in the nice morning air. We are getting ready to go eat breakfast... cold cut meat, cheese, and bread. And, of course, cafe con leche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bec & Jason, the tears are now flowing! This is a dream come true for me as well...having you get to Spain. I am very happy for you both. Austin was a VERY good rider this trip...he keeps asking "when will we get to the beach"? and "why does it take two days"...he is singing "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,...over and over and playing with his "surprises" he gets for being good. He is having so much fun...really! He has asked for you both a few times, but he smiles pretty quickly when I tell him how it is...we will have fun as well. I will get back on soon...Austin just came in the pool door and I hollered that I found a computer...he loved seeing you, Maggie & Matthew! A lady is here waiting so I need to go. Until later, love mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you all arrived, and that your trip wasn't too bad. Is there not a WIFI connection in your room? I hope so. That will make it easier to communicate. I want to hear him sing... did you bring a webcam? We did, but we haven't set it up yet.
    Austin, Mommy and daddy want to give you a big kiss right now! Be a good boy for nana and pap. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete