Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our Support

The time so far with Matthew has been one of the most uplifting experiences of my life. I have learned so much about myself, my husband, my family, and my friends. I have truly seen how fortunate I am to have an incredible husband, supportive family, and encouraging friends.
My husband has been on board from day one. He saw the Lord's hand in this as clearly as I did. Through my tiredness and happiness, my frustration and my joy he has been understanding and loving every moment.
My parents love me more than words can tell. I know it hasn't been as clear for them, but they have supported us throughout our decision. They have watched the kids so Jason and I could attend our foster classes, go on a date, spend quality time alone with Austin, and have even done some laundry. Jason's parents even took the kids to Wonder Works (Pigeon Forge) for the day so we could shop the outlets together. They treated Matthew like the other grandkids while we all played putt-putt, went through the mirror maze, and dodged the laser lights.
My friends care enough about me to ask about my weekly struggles, successes, marital relationship, and quiet time. I know they are here for me no matter what I need. Most importantly for prayer and encouragement. Our Sunday School class (Happily Hitched) is providing weekly Wednesday night meals for three months. They wanted our time with Matthew on Wednesday night to be focused on him and our family. This has been WONDERFUL!
Clearly I'm getting emotional! I keep thinking of people who are doing so much for us right now. Two more then I'll stop.... although there are others to thank too. My co-worker and carpooler Jessica. She listens to me EVERYDAY to and from school... can you imagine?? I'm sure sometimes she wants to tell me to shut up! Dr. Steckler is fixing all eight of Matthew's teeth for nothing! His office is awesome, and he is great with Matthew. Even after having four teeth fixed on Friday, he said he wanted to go back!
Romans 12 is one of my favorite chapters in the bible. I wish I had every word memorized. I believe my family and friends are devoted to us in brotherly love, serve the Lord, are faithful in prayer, and practice hospitality.
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

1 comment:

  1. I write comments often, reread them, then delete before I post them! I can usually write down my feelings and thoughts pretty easily most people say about me; but for some reason, I start "rambling" with words regarding this whole process. BTW, I most likely will delete this as well! In reading your last two blogs, I have a few thoughts. First, I find I may need to practice the discipline principles you are learning. I raised you and Jason with James Dobson's approach and his book "Dare to Discipline"....not that it was so very different from the foster people's way of doing things, but I certainly could take a new approach. Second,I will tell you, again, we are truly behind you and Jason for trying to give Matthew what he needs in this difficult time away from his immediate family. I know he misses them, although he sees them weekly, and I know he wonders about things. Each of your supporters that are pictured on this blog, need to continue to pray for God's will to be done. He knows the outcome...the whole picture. He loves Matthew, Austin and Maggie even more than you do. Amazing. Finally, (as your mom) rest when you can, get out when you have the opportunity, and stay connected as you are (to each other, family, friends & above all God). p.s. I wanted to "publicly" thank your ABF for the food on Wed. I know it is not easy for any of them to shop, cook, work, and be a mom as many of them are...plus, cook an extra meal. I am so happy you are part of a group of loving, supportive friends. That's what I thank God for.

    ReplyDelete