Sunday, March 29, 2009

Estamos en Salamanca

We arrived in Salamanca early this afternoon after a frigid stop in Avila. It was bitter cold in Avila, the cathedral wasn't open yet, and the kids were not dressed at all for the weather, so we cut our stop short and came on to Salamanca.
Freezing for a quick picture in Avila

Salamanca is great. There is so much more to do here. We just had a very nice dinner and then headed back to the Plaza Mayor for an evening stroll. The Plaza Mayor was beautiful this afternoon; busy with shoppers and groups of people hanging out. Tonight the lights were on, and it was gorgeous.
Our first visit to the Plaza Mayor
Our Second Visit to the Plaza Mayor

Austin, how was the beach today? Did you swim in the pool? Jump in? Build a sandcastle? Run in the ocean? I miss you and love you soooooooo much! A BIG kiss and hug from mommy and daddy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi mommy & daddy, the beach was rainy this morning but after my nap I played in the sand where Matha (Martha)and nana were sitting. We walked, jumped in the waves, and then went to eat with Fred, Michelle, Andy, Kristina and Olivia. I played nicely with Olivia and sat by her. Nana gave me money for being good. I ate two pcs. of Matha's bacon pizza...it was goooood. Nana said to tell you it was Stavros...after we got back, Matha (Martha) took me to swim in the heated pool and I ate a toaster strudel before bed. Nana read me "My Lucky Day" book. Aunt Amy says Maggie is being a good girl and is happy. I am having fun. See you soon, love Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky and Jason -- SO glad you arrived safely and are having a wonderful time! It looks absolutely gorgeous and I would SO love to be there with my camera!! You are doing a GREAT job of capturing your visit per camera and I really appreciate your sharing your pics with us! The first thing I do most every morning is click on your blog to see if there is anything new. I LOVE your blog!! I know how you miss the children but this trip is a fabulous experience for you -- enjoy every moment (that is, unless you have just as traumatic a trip home as you had going!! LOLOL). Thanks again for taking the time to share your trip with us -- we'll enjoy it through the eyes of your camera. We love you! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason & Becky - I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your trip. Maggie is doing great and having a good time. We went to Cumberland Falls on Saturday night and to the farm on Sunday. Unfortunately the weather to cold and rainy on Sunday so we didn't get out with the cows. :-)

    My favorite Maggie story so far is listening to Maggie sing. Anna has been singing all weekend and this morning (Monday) they were both sitting at the piano playing and singing away. Very cute!

    Keep having fun and enjoy your time together while you can. All is well in Kentucky. See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys! It's Monday and the sun is out today! Cloudy most of yesterday, but I can't complain today (or tomorrow I hear..the next days are iffy). Martha just came in to see if I had lunch ready and found me in the lobby on the blog! I had to check to see if there was any news (loved hearing from Bev & Amy!) Austin is loving the beach. He really is having so much fun. He jumps the waves and plays for a long while in the sand. He is eating well too! Tonight we plan to go back to River Grill for more shrimp..he most likely will eat chicken strips! Talk to you tomorrow. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete