Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Stroll

After enjoying various pastries, yogurt, deli meat, cheese, breads, fruit, juice, and cafe con leche, we took a 2 hour walking tour of Toledo. Yolanda was our tour guide. She was wonderful. The kids loved her. She really engaged them in the history of Toledo, El Greco paintings, and the Cathedral. The kids (and us) were in awe of the Cathedral. Unfortunately, you aren't allowed to take any photos inside. It took 270 years to complete. I can't even describe all of the masterpieces inside. Toledo is the religious capital of Spain. The cathedral is considered one of the most beautiful, rich cathedrals in all of Europe.


After the tour Thomas, Angela (ACIS tour guide), Jason, and I sat down at an outdoor cafe for tapas and cafe con leche. We had chorizo, ham, bread, tortilla de papas, potato salad (had veggies and tuna), and cafe con leche. It was all delicious.




The boys enjoyed their free time by playing fútbol in the streets of Toledo. Jason and I enjoyed our time by exploring and shopping. I bought Maggie an Easter dress and a poster for my classroom. Jason's pedometer said we walked 4.6 miles this morning. That's a good thing with all this Spanish food we're eating!

5 comments:

  1. We are so very happy you arrived safely and are having nice weather and a wonderful time. When I clicked the picture of you and Jason in front of the Cathedral it opened up in full size and I could see so much of the detail workmanship of the building...it was amazing. I wish you all a fabulous trip, safe traveling home, and many wonderful memories. I know you both miss Austin, Maggie and Matthew but prayers are with them too and for your homecoming with them on the 2nd and 3rd of April. Sincerely and with love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Becky! I'm glad you have some free time to relax. The food sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, in case you see this posting from me, I want to tell you that Becky always mentions how good you have been to her family. Your support and love mean the world...Bec, the boys above look like they are having fun! The food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great. We are up and getting ready to leave for Avila. After a day in Avila we are going to Salamanca for the next two nights. I hope there is an internet connection. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...it is a rainy Sunday and Austin and Nan just played in the sand...we checked to see if you left us a message...you did! Hope you have a good two days in Avila. Be safe and have fun...we hope for sun tomorrow. I love you mom & dad says Austin.

    ReplyDelete