Monday, April 6, 2009

First Day At School

This was the note written on the back of Matthew's daily report from his teacher Ms. April:
"Matthew had a fantastic day! He was using very polite manners and very nice words all day. I am giving Austin and Matthew time to play together while Matthew adjusts to our room. I'll continue to keep you informed to make this transition as easy as possible!"
Jason and I both took the boys to school this morning. It went very well. We were up early, organized breakfast the night before, got everyone dressed, and walked out the door at 7:00 on the dot! Wow! Let's see if that ever happens again! Actually, it needs to happen everyday. I already have the oranges peeled, cut, and in bags in the refrigerator for tomorrow. I also have my lunch packed. Now I'm going to cut this post short so I can start getting ready for bed!
Matthew is doing great! After picking them up from school today I let Matthew choose between a couple of special choices to celebrate his first day at school. He chose dinner at Gattitown. Things are going great. The boys are having a blast together. They are playing so well. I can't hardly pull them apart. I think a brotherly love bond is quickly forming.

Enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and an episode of Curious George before going to bed tonight

Matthew's First Day at Tot's Landing

We had a picnic lunch after church on Sunday at Waveland Museum Park. Maggie loves to swing!

I think it's nap time! Austin and daddy went to the restroom. Matthew waited for his brother to return.

The boys love the little cabin at Waveland.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad he is adjusting so well! I pray that it continues!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear that things are going so well. That was such a nice note to get from April. I am so glad the kids are at such a great center! It really is one of the greatest gifts a parent can have. I can't wait for the boys to be Dolphins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, Happy Easter to you and your family. Hope the children had fun at the Easter egg hunt Saturday. Give the children hugs from all of us. Love from Laurie, Pow Pow, Britt Britt, and James.

    ReplyDelete