Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thunder Over Louisville and other news

This past weekend we went to Thunder Over Louisville. I was so excited I couldn't stand it! For some reason I felt like a kid again. From Wednesday (when we decided to go) to Saturday morning that's all I could think about. I just knew the boys would love the airplanes and fireworks. We also booked a hotel with an indoor pool. I was so excited thinking about how much fun the boys would have. I used to take Austin with me to the daycare at my school, so he passed the airport twice a day. For two years he would scream with excitement every time an airplane would pass over us (and about make me wreck). Saturday's show was incredible, and we had the best spot! Thanks Kim! Kim's law firm has another office in Louisville directly behind the 2nd street bridge. We had the best seats in town.... 19th floor, huge glass windows, comfy chairs, clean restrooms, and food! We started the day with lunch at the Spaghetti Factory. Yum! Then, the airshow started with eight parachutes! The boys thought it was so cool that they landed in the river. The rest of the day they wanted the planes, jets, helicopters, etc to land in the water. Matthew liked going downstairs and outside to see the jets. Austin thought they were too loud, so he preferred to stay inside. No surprise there! At one point the boys (Jason and Ralph too) were outside and Kim and I were sitting watching from the window. One of the (super loud) jets flew over the building from behind us, and scared us to death! We screamed and Kim grabbed my arm. We laughed. From 3:00 to 10:00 there was always something going on. For being in one place for 9 hours (2:00-11:00), the boys could not have been better. Matthew had his face to the window in awe of the fireworks, and then all of a sudden gave up! He turned his head around and laid it on Jason's shoulder and went straight to sleep! The firework display was amazing. It was a wonderful day. Thanks to nana and pap for keeping Maggie too! I don't think the day would have been nearly as enjoyable with a one year old (9 hours)!
Tonight we went to play at Sara's house after dinner. Matthew wanted to ride his scooter and Austin wanted to ride his bike. As we went up the street to Sara's house (a slight hill) I heard Austin saying to himself, "I think I can, I think I can." I laughed. Matthew wiped out twice on the scooter. Luckily, he doesn't even have a scratch! Yes, they were both wearing helmets.
Tonight I laid down with Matthew before turning off the lights. I was snuggling with him and about to pray, but before I could even start he said, "Mommy, can you pray please."

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Becky and Jason for opening your hearts, family and home to our little Matthew. Words cannot say how very much this means to me and my family! Love, Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos from Easter weekend and the entry about Thunder over L'Ville! Sounds so fun and I know this will be something the boys won't forget! I'm happy for them to have one another to play with and do life together. You and Jason are doing just great. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete