Tuesday, March 30, 2010

beginning to feel behind

As the week progresses I can see the kids missing mommy more. Austin had an especially rough time getting going this morning which is unusual for him. Still we got up got breakfast and got out of the house on time. Maggie was again so easy at her new school. I think she really likes it there. I know the teachers like her. I have had so many comments from the teachers about how easy and sweet she is. Even a complement on how smart she is (no shock to me). Of course they didn't have to dress her this morning. There is something about the dressing process for Maggie that is harder than it should be. For your information momma and Jessica I did brush her hair but she refused to actually sit up while I did it. So the end result was not much better than it would have been had I left it alone. Work was good today but I had a curve ball thrown at me towards the end of the day. I had a big decision to make and I found myself wishing so badly to be able to talk to Becky. I was even willing to spend the $1.50 a minute it takes to talk with her. Unfortunately I couldn't reach her phone. It is hard being out of touch. I was so happy when she called tonight. I needed to hear her voice and ask her opinion. I am missing momma tonight as much as the kids.

We had our meal in the basement tonight and enjoyed the evening. Later on Matthew and Austin settled in to watch 101 dalmations while Maggie and I watched Hannah Montana. I don't think that Maggie knows who Hannah Montana is but everytime she came on the screen Maggie told me she was her. To clarify Maggie thinks that she is Hannah Montana. I am not sure if I should be proud of that or scared. Bedtime was easy and another day has gone by. I am continually amazed and bothered by how fast life moves. I want to make each second count and remember the kids just as they are but I blink and another day is gone. I can't help but feel like God inteded our lives to be slower and enjoyed more.

Tomorrow becky goes to Toledo sister city to Toledo Ohio. It was probably my favorite place last year (we spent two nights there). Tomorrow I go to Versailles not to be mistaken with Versailles France. I will be passing a castle on the way to work though. The boys have T-Ball practice after school and then maybe we will go somewhere to celebrate/eat afterwards. I am hoping that Maggie will let me keep an eye on the boys and her at the same time. Only three more days. Our love to you Becky. And of course we miss mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jas, please tell them nana & pap loves them and misses them as well. It may not help one bit, but the next time you try to comb/brush Maggie's hair (or whatever it is she doesn't want u 2 do!) tell her "mama combs your hair or mama wants me to comb your hair"....may not make one bit of difference, but doing it for mom may help...blessings 2 u.

    ReplyDelete