Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunny Sunday on the Farm

Last weekend was beautiful, and we got to enjoy it at Uncle Jesse and Great Granny's farm! After a great lunch on Sunday, we took a 2 hour walk around the farm. The boys enjoyed finding things in the creek and throwing rocks in it. It was a beautiful day, and the kids were so excited to be able to run and play.


Hot stuff!

A Few updates...

  1. T-Ball starts Saturday! The boys are on the Mets. Go Mets!!!!
  2. I applied to University of the Cumberlands (formerly Cumberland College) Instructional leadership-Principalship graduate program last weekend. I hope to start my first class in May (I have one to transfer in from EKU). I received my first graduate degree from Georgetown and I planned to get my second (principalship) from EKU, but with three young kids, traveling isn't possible. I look forward to an online program. I have heard great things about their program.
  3. Monday night Jason and I got to have a fantastic dinner together at Carinos with a gift certificate Kim had given us for Valentines Day!
  4. Maggie can count to ten. She likes to take off her shoes and count her ten toes. Too cute!
  5. The boys are registered for Kindergarten at Huntertown in Versailles. I am still filling out and gathering paperwork though. Cried.
  6. Sara and I got to have a girls night last night! We went to Saul Good. Great food and even better conversation. I miss her!
  7. This weekend is already packed! Saturday morning we have a social worker coming for a home visit at 8:00, t-ball meeting at 10:00, lunch at Chuck E. Cheese, and life group at our house at 5:30! I'm glad my parents have volunteered to watch the kids Friday, we'll need to rest and prepare!
  8. Austin is really good at mazes. He has a book of mazes and he goes through them at a pace of about 6 seconds per maze! It is so neat to watch him work. He really can visualize the path before trying it.
  9. I leave for Spain in two weeks. I am very excited, but am having a hard time thinking about leaving the kids. Maggie has to go to Tot's Landing for the week. I think it's a great daycare, and I trust that she will enjoy it. My problem is thinking that the one week she doesn't have to go to school, I am sending her to another daycare. Sad.
  10. Matthew is doing great. We are bonding more and more everyday. He is very sweet. Today he said, "Mommy you're like candy. I could just eat you up!"

3 comments:

  1. I love Matthew's comment!! So sweet. Enjoy T-ball and have fun in Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I just whispered a prayer for you and your precious family! I don't know how you are going to cram an on-line graduate degree into your already overloaded schedule, but I'm sure, with God's help, you will manage to do it! I thank God often that you and Jason have taken Matthew into your home and into your hearts! God bless you and keep you in His loving care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have the farm to bring the kids up going to...the outdoors, animals, all that fresh air is just so good for them. Their love of fishing must have jumped a generation! I am very glad you get to go back to Spain and hope you find time to enjoy it as well as keep those teens safe:)Come back refreshed (and not exhausted....hmmmm) the kids will be fine, Jason is the best.

    ReplyDelete