Sunday, March 28, 2010

The left behind blogs....

The kids and I are doing fine in Becky's absence. I promised her I would blog to let her know how we were while she was gone. We all made it through the weekend eating only one fast food meal. Granted I was at my parents house for the weekend. Still I think that counts as a hot meal even if I didn't cook it. We had a good time and managed to ride scooters and play a little baseball Saturday. Today we went out to my uncle Jessie's and my grandmothers house. I was glad to see her. Mom mentioned this weekend that my granny is not eating and is trying to refuse her medicine. Still she perked up when she saw Maggie (her namesake). I don't know that she remembers us but she always has an interest in little ones. That may be why she spent so many decades teaching.

Today when we got home I checked the blog and saw the pictures becky posted. It was neat to show the kids these things on TV from a Rick Steve's Europe special on Barcelona we taped earlier. Then I showed them the pictures on the blog. Especially the one in the park that had becky standing exactly where Rick Steve had been standing in the special. The boys weren't quite sure that TV is all that big a deal and they think Spain is somewhere impossibly far away. Maggie didn't really care what the picture was about, only that Mommy was in it. Two year olds have a way of cutting through to the important things. Tonight my sister came over with her two children to play. I think the kids had a full day. Becky, I did give the children baths tonight and they were in bed by 8:30. Matthew and Austin actually took a shower. I found them hanging from the towel rack inside the shower attempting to swing like monkeys.

I do have two concerns this week at the moment and both involve Maggie. First, I think she may be getting sick. I have a humidifier running in her room and she is covered up well but she sounded pretty bad during her nap on the car ride back today. Second, she is going to be with the boys this week at daycare because hers is closed during spring break. I am prayerful that the transition is smooth and above all happy for her.

Well I am rambling. But to any doubters we are doing well, missing mommy and wishing her the most fun possible on her trip. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we love and miss mommy. There is something missing in her absence that can't be ignored. Austin is counting down the days on his calendar as if christmas was on the way. Anybody bored tomorrow night feel free to join us for dinner. We will be having an old family classic, Pizza Hut (or an equivalent). No veggies this week unless it is accidentally included on a cheeseburger or pizza.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Jason! Becky - I hope that you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,
    Ellie is pretty sick so I sent Livvy to Tots for a full day today. It made that a little easier to do knowing that that Maggie would be there to play! Remember I am spring break and only a phone call away if I can help in any way. Even if you just need me to come down for a few minutes so you can walk outside and take a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara for your comment to Jason...you and Emily (and Jessica!) are truly the best friends a girl could have. I love u all. Jason, your post was very detailed and you were NOT rambling. Becky and I needed to hear every detail. I will pray for Mags. God bless her, please tell her nana and pap love her and are praying for her. I will post a new blog with Florida pics (rainy Fl).

    ReplyDelete